Meals and Equipment
For your personal ease and comfort, all food and gear will be carried by burros and then porters. You need to carry only a small daypack with the essentials (e.g., warm clothes, water bottle, camera, snacks, etc). The nights will be spent in quality tents along the trail, and all meals will be prepared fresh daily. Upon receipt of your trip application and deposit, Peaks & Places will furnish you with an equipment and clothing list.
You will find our groups small. This, we believe, will enhance your adventure vacation experience by providing you more personal attention. Group size is limited to 12 participants but most trips will only have 6 to 8 people. We strongly recommend you reserve your spot as soon as possible to take advantage of lower airfares and to assure yourself a place on the trip.
Trips are budgeted for a full or nearly full sign-up to enable us to offer the highest quality trips at the lowest possible cost to you. Since numerous fixed costs make it more expensive to operate a trip with fewer participants, a minimum of 7 participants is required for Peaks & Places to run most of our trips. However, if the minimum is not met then a surcharge will be added to enable us to run the trip with fewer than 7 particpants.
- $500 non-refundable deposit due with application by Feb 1st, 2008
- Remaining balance due April 1st, 2008
Land Cost Includes
- All in-country transportation
- Hotel Accommodations
- All group camp supplies: tents, stoves, etc.
- All meals except where noted in day by day itinerary
- Guides, burros, porters, climbing permits and park fees
Land Cost Does Not Include
- International round-trip airfare to Lima, Peru
- Restaurant meals. $75-$100 should be enough to cover the 6 extra meals and drinks not included on the itinerary.
- Trip price increases for groups under 7 participants
- Medical expenses
- International vaccinations
- Insurance of any kind
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Additional lodging charges for single supplement
- Laundry service and/or other personal expenses
- Alcoholic beverages, room service and telephone calls
- Tips to your cultural guide, driver and trekking staff. Plan on an extra $125-$150 per participant.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Peaks & Places (e.g., weather, delayed/cancelled flights)
Peaks & Places provides expert, personalized service with your flight reservations, ticketing and travel plans worldwide. If you would like to fly over earlier, stay on afterwards, or make other stops en route, please let us know and we will be happy to arrange it for you. We specialize in finding the least expensive fares, both for group and individual travel. All airfares quoted are subject to change until tickets are purchased. Peaks & Places is committed to providing you with a quality adventureDeparture. We transfer to the airport for the flight to Bangkok, staying overnight at the Armani Airport Hotel. you will enjoy and have wonderful memories in the years to come.