Meals and Equipment
For your personal ease and comfort, all food and gear will be carried by burros and then porters. You need to carry only a small daypack with the essentials (e.g., warm clothes, water bottle, camera, snacks, etc). The nights will be spent in quality tents along the trail, and all meals will be prepared fresh daily. Upon receipt of your trip application and deposit, Peaks & Places will furnish you with an equipment and clothing list.
You will find our groups small. This, we believe, will enhance your adventure vacation experience by providing you more personal attention. Group size is limited to 12 participants but most trips will only have 6 to 8 people. We strongly recommend you reserve your spot as soon as possible to take advantage of lower airfares and to assure yourself a place on the trip.
Trips are budgeted for a full or nearly full sign-up to enable us to offer the highest quality trips at the lowest possible cost to you. Since numerous fixed costs make it more expensive to operate a trip with fewer participants, a minimum of 7 participants is required for Peaks & Places to run most of our trips. However, if the minimum is not met then a surcharge will be added to enable us to run the trip with fewer than 7 particpants.
- $1000 non-refundable deposit due with application
- Remaining balance due 120 days before departure
Land Cost Includes
- All in-country transportation
- Hotel Accommodations
- All group camp supplies: tents, stoves, etc.
- All meals except where noted in day by day itinerary
- Guides, burros, porters, climbing permits and park fees
Land Cost Does Not Include
- International round-trip airfare to Lima, Peru
- Meals where noted in the Day by Day itinerary
- Trip price increases for groups under 7 participants
- Medical expenses
- International vaccinations
- Insurance of any kind
- Excess baggage charges and airport taxes
- Additional lodging charges for single supplement
- Laundry service and/or other personal expenses
- Alcohol trip_general_info.htm ic beverages, room service and telephone calls
- Tips to your cultural guide, driver and trekking staff. Plan on an extra $125-$150 per participant.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond the control of Peaks & Places Travel, LLC (e.g., weather, delayed/cancelled flights)
No refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or trekking arrangements for any reason whatsoever. Land cost is quoted as a package and credits are not given for unused services.
Cancellation Fees and Policies
At the time Peaks & Places Travel, LLC receives written notice that participant must cancel a trip the following fees apply:
- Canceling more than 120 days before departure, Peaks & Places will refund all money you have paid above the $1000 non-refundable trip deposit.
- Canceling 60-89 days prior to departure, Peaks & Places will refund 50% of what you have paid above the $1000 non-refundable trip deposit.
- Canceling 59 days or less, prior to departure, no refunds can be made.